How to Have a Staycation in Dumfries & Galloway
As whirlwind of the festive season hurls us unceremoniously into the new year, you’d be forgiven for feeling like you’re already due some R&R. With the exception of a lucky few, a spot of winter sun is probably not on the horizon this month. But as we trudge through January, all is not lost! We’re convinced there’s no better way to perk up and recharge than to indulge in a little holiday on home turf. Book yourself into Trip Advisor’s top luxury country hotel in the area and let your Staycation in Dumfries & Galloway begin!
Scotland boasts some of the world’s most vibrant terrain, with endless possibilities for exploring against breathtaking backdrops. All just 90 minutes from both Edinburgh and Glasgow, guests at the BQA Hotel are spoilt for choice…
- Have a day’s shooting on your choice of beautiful local estates
- Golf on one of the finest championship courses at Troon or T-off at 1500ft above sea level on Scotland’s highest golf course, and everything in between
- Avid amblers, cyclists and mountains bikers of all abilities can explore a vast network of local trails from coastal routes to forrest and hill tracks. The area is also home to four of the famous ‘7 Stanes’.
- Kayaking and canoeing is available for the experienced and beginner with top notch local instructors
- Famous for our salmon and trout, fishing tickets for the area are available direct from the hotel
- An area steeped in history, the guided tour at Drumlanrig Castle is not to be missed. There is a vibrant creative scene all year round but art lovers particularly flock to the area for ‘The Spring Fling‘ in which artists showcase their work in Scotland’s largest open studio event.
And if all of this sounds a little too vigorous, you may prefer to relax and indulge all without leaving the comfort of the hotel. Follow up a Molton Brown soak in one of our deluxe hotel rooms with a cocktail in the bar before dinner. Our skilled chefs who are as passionate about the local area as we are, serve up a vibrant and diverse menu in our restaurant, showcasing quality local produce. Discover a world on your doorstep through a staycation in Dumfries & Galloway and you may never want to leave!