Our Top Family Friendly Activities in Dumfries & Galloway
Fancy a summer stay in a boutique, luxury hotel surrounded by some of Scotland’s most breathtaking scenery? Book your stay with us and take advantage of our fantastic hotel room offers, dine in one of Dumfries and Galloway’s top restaurants (kids menu included!) and keep everyone amused with these 5 top family activities in Dumfries and Galloway.
- Mabie Farm Park. Suitable for all ages from tiny tots to 12-year-olds, Mabie Farm offers a great day out for the whole family. There are lots of animals to meet and outdoor play areas with trampolines, paddle boats and bouncy castles. Rainy day? No problem – they have an indoor soft play too and an onsite restaurant.
- Lochhill Equestrian Centre. This BHS approved riding centre in Castle Douglas welcomes beginners and caters to children aged 5 and upwards. The team will match you to a suitable mount and have horses to suit all experience levels. Why not have us rustle up a picnic for your day in the saddle? Remember to ring in advance, to let the ponies know you’re coming!
- The Red Deer Range. One of our famous family activities in Dumfries for older children aged 9+ and teenagers to enjoy with their parents. Hike this short trail with an experienced guide and meet these majestic creatures face-to-face. Make your way to the hideout for spectacular views!
- Drumlanrig Castle. Known affectionally as the ‘Pink Palace’ due to the red hue of its sandstone architecture, there’s an almost endless list of activities on offer at Drumlanrig. Take a guided tour around this historic 17th Century castle or explore some of the 90,000 acres of private estate land. Complete with an internationally renowned art collection and purpose-built adventure playground – there really is something for everyone. All this just minutes from our luxury country hotel.
- Mossyard Beach. Just one of the beautiful, tranquil beaches in the county. If you’re looking to catch a little respite why not take a picnic and make a day of it. And if you’re worn out from all of the fabulous family activities in Dumfries we’ve shared, we find a day relaxing on cosy sands to be the perfect antidote.
With so many family activities in Dumfries and Galloway, you’ll be spoiled for choice when it comes to booking your Scottish summer break. Our friendly team are on hand to help and more than happy to advise on things to do in the local area. Start the day with a delicious home cooked brunch lovingly prepared using the finest local ingredients or why not have us make up a picnic for you? Just ask a member of the team!
We think the whole family deserves a summer holiday – don’t you?